Saturday, November 28, 2009

THING #7

Last week there was an accident on the main street on my commute home and the police diverted all the traffic into a local neighborhood. It was pouring and I couldn't see any street signs, but thought I would just follow the line of cars out to another main street. Twenty-five minutes later I was still wandering around the neighborhood, still following a line of cars. Finally, I pulled over and called my husband for help in finding my location and guiding me out of the neighborhood. I don't have a GPS, as my car is more than a decade old--so can you guess what technology I'm interested in? Yes, I bought a portable GPS! It's fun to use, as you can see exactly where your car is on a map. You can also preprogram directions and save it for future use and switch it to pedestrian mode if you're walking. Technology is wonderful!